“Fine wood furniture is always a treasured possession for any home”
Furniture gives life to your home. Who doesn’t love sinking into the cushioned softness of a favourite wooden sofa? But to maintain the beauty and comfort of the wood furniture it needs a right care. Remember your furniture is the most vital part of your home decor and make your day to day life comfortable. So, to sustain the sheen and gloss of wood furniture there are some easy tips for you. Read them here:
Tips for caring your wood furniture:
1. Always avoid keeping your wooden sofa or bed in direct sunlight as sunlight can cause fading.
2. Avoid extreme changes in room temperature neither it should be too hot nor too cold.
3. You can arrange your furniture away from radiators, heat, air conditioners, and air vents.
4. Use coasters, pads or cloth to protect the furniture surface from stains, breakages, and cracks.
5. Clean up the spills immediately with blotting as water left over for long period can cause white spots.
6. Never use alcohol, perfume, after-shave, and medications for cleaning furniture it causes severe damage.
7. Always lift up the wooden furniture instead of dragging them across the furniture surface.
8. Rinse a cleaning cloth with cold water, spray dusting agent or wood polish before dusting.
9. Never use a dry cloth for dusting as it can give a starch to the wooden furniture.
10. Either uses a polish or a wax to maintain the gloss of your furniture but never mix them together.
11. Vacuum furniture atleast once in a week, lift cushions and use the crevice tool to remove hidden crumbs.
12. Swap or rearrange the room furniture after every two months so that it can be clean properly.
13. Teach your kids not to eat and drink while sitting on the wooden sofa or bed.
14. Never use oil soaps for cleaning the furniture it will stain and darken the wood.
15. Use pesticides to keep termite away from wood it can devour the whole furniture.
These small and easy tips help us to keep our wooden furniture glossy and shiny for decades. Furniture is a kind of investment that cannot be done frequently. So if you want that your one-time investment remains profitable for long then you need to take care of your furniture well.